Sunday, February 22, 2015

Review: The Ruby Circle


The Ruby Circle
The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



And with that, the Vampire Academy 'verse appears to have come to an end at last. Unlike with the original series, though, I thought this one had a bit of an open ending, leaving just a little room for even more adventures. I didn't finish Last Sacrifice thinking that there was any point in having the Bloodlines series, but how wrong I was. :)

The one thing that stood out to me the most, of course, was the surprise birth of Declan, the son of two dhampirs, even though it's been repeatedly established that dhampirs can't reproduce together. Now, I hate to once again bring up my continued anger over the death of Mason, but...Ms. Mead, if you were planning to one day have two dhampirs have a child together, why couldn't they have been Rose and Mason? You wasted a perfectly good opportunity there, methinks. :(

Well, in that case, I hereby bid Bloodlines ave atque vale.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment