Sunday, April 12, 2015

Review: Snow Like Ashes


Snow Like Ashes
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



One of the better fantasy dystopians I've read since Black City and/or the Lunar Chronicles, that's for sure. The best part of this world was the way there were four kingdoms based on each season. So, we get good guys who all look like Jack Frost - not a bad thing, of course - and with the villain being the King of Spring, I'm reminded of a cross between Alice in Wonderland's Red Queen and Kingdom Hearts' Marluxia. And speaking of Kingdom Hearts, Meira may be more of a Vexen, but she wields an Axel-like weapon. I wonder if Ms. Raasch ever played that game...

Needless to say, I already can't wait for the sequel. :D



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment