Monday, June 8, 2015

Ignatius The Salamander

Having finally started reading the first book in the Summoner series by Taran Matharu, I decided the world needed some fanart of Fletcher's impish little demon. So I polished off this quick and dirty sketch of Ignatius.


In my interpretation, he's built a little like the Gekko Metal Heads from Jak 3 (the part about the long, loping legs, as mentioned in the book's bestiary - NOT "bestiality!" Get it right or Stiles will hate you forever! - sold that for me), with a few touches of Toothless, and also the yellow-spotted lizards from Holes. Also, I thought it would be cool for him to have these markings on either side of his spine, like where his ancestors would have had little mini-dragon wings. And in this image, he's climbing a wall - probably so he can execute a little sneak attack. :)

Although I'm not gonna be concentrating too much on sketch work over the summer - especially not with heat like I'm experiencing today! - I might just put out some more sketches of other types of demons, most notably the Canids, Felids, Vulpids, Lycans...the ones I would have trouble deciding which one I'd want to have the most, basically. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment