Friday, June 12, 2015

Review: The Wicked Will Rise

The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2)The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The sequel to Dorothy Must Die doesn't lose any of the creepy, disturbing darkness of the original. In fact, it actually adds more disturbingness to the mix. Cases in point: the body horror of Pete and Ozma sharing a meat suit, the creepy Fantasms in the fog, burning of rainbows (apparently that's possible in Oz), and then the ending.

Let me tell you, that was a twist I didn't see coming, but in hindsight, I should have. Maybe because I'm not as knowledgable about the Oz mythology as I maybe should be, but now that they've mentioned it, it seems so glaringly obvious. And the confirmation that there's an even Bigger Bad out there than Dorothy or Glinda...well, crap. Oz and Earth are totally screwed now...or are they?

I just hope we don't really have to wait two years for the end of the trilogy. That would be all but unbearable at this point. :/

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment