Monday, August 10, 2015

Review: Brigands M.C.

Brigands M.C. Brigands M.C. by Robert Muchamore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

CHERUB's penultimate adventure goes for And Now For Something (Not) Completely Different. It's a lot more grounded than the sort of teenage Bond-esque fare the series is known for, and it even incorporates a little bit of Kill Bill (and, even more so, The Professional) into its storyline, with the primary conflict being Dante's family getting killed off by the Brigands, and then, years later, his joining CHERUB and getting his revenge on a mission designed to infiltrate the same biker gang. And, let's face it, Dante's story is every bit as compelling as those of the Adams sibs, if not more so. If any character deserves his own spinoff series, he does.

Also a real refreshment - the decreased presence of cherubs who aren't James or Lauren. With fewer relationship issues involved (I was getting pretty sick of the Cheating Cherubs trend I'd been noticing), the story did a considerably better job of holding my interest.

It's just really sad that there's only one more adventure left for James...but that's okay, because I'm reasonably certain this one will remain my favorite anyway.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment