Thursday, August 6, 2015

Review: Discount Armageddon

Discount Armageddon Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Verity Price may be very much into dancing, but that doesn't mean she's got zero geek cred. Let's face it, she wouldn't be a Seanan McGuire lead if she didn't. And between her dancing, her geek cred, and her super-duper-always-awesome skills of ass-kickage, she's every bit as awesome and memorable as Toby Daye. Ramming the point home is her playlist at the end of the book - unsurprisingly, it's my kind of playlist too. Eclectic and awesome, including such gems as "Manic Monday" and "U + Ur Hand" (I seriously couldn't stop singing that song, in particular, to myself as I kept reading this book.) Why can't Toby have that kind of playlist? She deserves one too. I might just make one for her someday.

I'm just glad my library finally got their hands on this book. Despite being in the Bay Area, my library's not been keeping up on their McGuire very well lately. But now they finally completed the collection with this book, I've been able to start and enjoy this one, then move on to Book 2 very quickly - I'm just gonna take an Orson Scott Card break first. (But I don't think I'm gonna love Speaker For The Dead nearly as much as this one.)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment