Saturday, August 8, 2015

Review: Midnight Blue-Light Special

Midnight Blue-Light Special Midnight Blue-Light Special by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm so glad I picked this one up along with Discount Armageddon, 'cause I don't know what I would've done if I'd waited to read that one before getting the sequel. The Verity withdrawal would've killed me - and it very likely still will, what with the reveal in the Acknowledgments that the next two InCryptid books will have Verity's brother Alex as the main character. I was actually disappointed to read this. What can I say? I've fallen hard for Verity, so much more so than for Toby. The fact that she bears a pretty noticeable resemblance to Emma Stone (according to the cover art, at least) really helps. (I also said Toby's cover-art pictures looked like Emma Stone - which proves only that I keep seeing her everywhere.) And that also made it hard for me not to cry when Verity talked about what Antimony calls her "Gwen Stacy thing," but let's not go there.

Oh well. I can always hope that Verity will be back in the driver's seat for Book 5. And that even without her in the lead role, the next two books in the series will still include considerable ass-kickage, more geek references than you can shake a stick at, and of course those maddeningly adorable Aeslin mice.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment