Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review: The Rebirths of Tao

The Rebirths of Tao The Rebirths of Tao by Wesley Chu
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tao's got a new body this time around, and after years of training, he's every bit as good as Roen now, if not better. Yep, Cameron Tao is a second-generation Prophus host. And in between his parents saving the world from those blasted Genjix, he's gotta navigate that most horrifying of places known to teendom - high school. Thankfully, the high-school thing takes a backseat after a while (in favor of the ongoing Quasing war we're all here for), although Cameron's teenage brain does not. All's fair in love and war, and Cameron's feelings for a Genjix host, Alexandra, definitely qualify as both.

It's a neat, clean, high-caffeine ride, this story. But there's one problem - it's the end of the trilogy, and yet there's totally an open ending. Which I guess I should have seen coming, but it still annoys me, for some reason. Once again, I'm finding myself really hoping for a spinoff-slash-sequel.

Oh well. If this is truly the end of Tao's adventures in first one, then another, Tan body, then ave atque vale to him and all his hilarious historical anecdotes. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment