Thursday, September 3, 2015

Review: Armada

Armada Armada by Ernest Cline
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't think I've ever seen a book so wall-to-wall with pop culture references - and, being largely of the sci-fi and classic-rock varieties, these references go very much appreciated by me. The story seems like a very familiar one, but that's done completely on purpose, with total self-awareness of the tropes and cliches involved. Take the 21 Jump Street movies, dial down the raunchy comedy, dial up the nerd factor and Holy Shit Quotient, and you've basically got this here book.

If this one doesn't become a movie in the next five years, our universe is officially broken. Universe, prove you're not broken. See the movie potential? Make it so.

*drops mic*

*"Vital Signs" plays behind me as I walk offstage*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment