Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Review: The Fate of Ten

The Fate of Ten The Fate of Ten by Pittacus Lore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

***WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS***

Again, I had to wonder going into this - why is this the second-to-last book? The apocalypse has already begun, and there's no way it can take them until Book 7 to finally take down Setrakus Ra...right?

Apparently, it can. However, he's left very weak and with a spear in his chest last we see him - which can only be a good sign. With luck, he's finally dying, and they won't need to kill Ella first to get to him either. And we finally get a look at his past, not to mention that of Pittacus Lore - turns out Setrakus was even more of a Lucifer-type than we thought, believing his discoveries of how to artificially induce Lorien Legacies could finally overturn the system. Erm...nope. Sorry, dude.

Speaking of Pittacus, we get another surprise revelation about him. He doesn't really have *all* the Legacies. He just has one that lets him copy those of others, called Ximic. I think I remember a fan theory once that suggested that it was the secret to getting all the Legacies, using John's healing Legacy (which he learned after meeting Marina) as evidence of not only that, but also of John's theory that he himself is the next Pittacus. Genre Savvy fan, I salute thee!

Oh, but the ending...I can't believe they actually went there! Sarah...why'd you have to die? :'( Now John knows how Marina feels. Poor kids. War is Hell, but hey, at least Sarah should be in Heaven now, I hope.


Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find something with which to drown my feels.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment