Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Review: Lights Out

Lights Out Lights Out by James Patterson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Three years we've had to wait for the conclusion to Daniel X, and I think it's safe to say that wait was too long. Although the book was wild and action-packed and pulled no punches, so it's almost worth it. I was at least glad I was able to remember just about everything necessary from the previous books, even though I haven't picked one up in a few years now.

I think the best part of the book for me was the numerous Night At The Museum references. Not only for the part where Daniel and his friends visit the Museum of Natural History, but also for the Dance Party Ending, which totally would have belonged in one of those movies (although the surfeit of current hit artists in this book's finale would, if featured in NATM, probably be heavy on the old Earth, Wind, and Fire instead.)

Now, for the third time in less than a year, I'm bidding a James Patterson YA series ave atque vale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment