Sunday, September 6, 2015

Review: Pocket Apocalypse

Pocket Apocalypse Pocket Apocalypse by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

True story - my dad saw me reading this one and asked, based on his brief glimpse of the cover, why I was reading a romance novel. I was sorely tempted to read directly from the book and prove him wrong, but then I decided, what does it matter? I don't have to prove anything, because I'm enjoying this book too much. :)

It's actually a shame that now that I'm finally used to having Alex as narrator, we're gonna switch back to Verity for the next one. Sorely missed she was, and now sorely missed will Alex be. Not to mention Shelby and her family of Australian cryptozoologists - what is it about that country and its wildlife, real or cryptid, that's so fascinating to outsiders?

But I know one thing's gonna remain constant - the Aeslin mice. Seriously, every time those shrill little buggers show up, I practically die laughing, they're so bloody adorable! And when you read about Alex smuggling them overseas in a plane's kitchenette, and sternly warning them not to Denude the Cheese Cabinet? Priceless. Pun intended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment