Sunday, September 13, 2015

Review: Queen of Shadows

Queen of Shadows Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

UNOFFICIAL PLAYLIST:

"You don't have long, I am on to you
The time, it has come, to destroy your supremacy!"
- Muse

"Don't take my heart, don't break my heart
Don't, don't throw it away..."
- Tears For Fears, "Head Over Heels"

"When we are young
Wandering the face of the earth
Wondering what our dreams might be worth
Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time..."
- Rush, "Dreamline"

"Hey, there's a whole lotta people
Wonderin' who you are
They think you walk without a care in the world
But they've been wrong so far..."
- Don Henley, "Shangri-La"

"Must be somebody up above
Sayin' 'Come on girl, yeah, you gotta get back up!'"
- Alabama Shakes, "Hold On"

"She wants to dance like Uma Thurman
Bury me till I confess
She wants to dance like Uma Thurman
And I can't get you outta my head..."
- Fall Out Boy

REVIEW:

At first, I was a bit worried that the length of this book would make it too daunting a task to really enjoy. Luckily, like with a good Harry Potter or Song of Ice and Fire book (or Cassie Clare's epic-sized City of Heavenly Fire), this book delivered lots of high action over its considerable length. In addition to the action, there was a pretty good balance of romance (#RowlinRocks), and, dare I say, Lovecraftian horror. Those Valg... *shudders*

Now, having finished the book, I kinda have to say, it feels like this would be a good ending. Much of the story has been wrapped up, with a few loose ends, but none too annoying. It helps that a major antagonist dies in the end (I hope - it would be just like Maas to revive this character in later installments, I think.) So...two more books? Bring them on, but I'm thinking this might be the peak of the series for me.

Of course, I've been wrong before...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment