Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Review: The Young World

The Young World The Young World by Chris Weitz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I saw a lot of negative reviews for this book, with most of them being complaints that the story isn't really anything new or original. Dystopian, New York, teenagers in the apocalypse, fighting and banging and even eating other people's thighs, Hannibal-style. Yeah, not very original - but the likable dual narrators (smart Jeff and sassy Donna, who sounds way more beautiful than her self-description) and high action made up enough for it.

Oh, and the cliffhanger - I can't stop reading this now, can I? I just hope that it doesn't end up losing quality in later books, the way Partials (to which this book is often compared, as far as I noticed in the reviews) did.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment