Sunday, December 6, 2015

Review: Prince of Fools

Prince of Fools Prince of Fools by Mark Lawrence
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While reading the Broken Empire Trilogy before this spin-off goes recommended, it's not entirely necessary, because this book is largely standalone. And good thing, too, because it's pretty different in tone than Lawrence's earlier post-apocalyptic fantasies. Jalan is far more likable than Jorg Ancrath, largely because of his somewhat Tyrion-esque personality. And the unique circumstances in which he finds himself, along with an even more colorful Norseman? Even better.

I can't believe it took me this long to realize Lawrence was continuing to explore the magic and myth of the Broken Empire. Now I'll need to order Book 2 ASAP. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment