Saturday, April 30, 2016

Review: Predator One

Predator One Predator One by Jonathan Maberry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Perhaps the most terrifying book Maberry has ever written, or will ever write. I'm saying this almost entirely based on the scenes with Davidovitch, in which we get to see how horribly he's been tortured - not only through pain, not only through knowing his family's lives are being altered, moment by moment, by agents of the Seven Kings - but also because of how he comes to take sadistic pleasure in what's happening to his wife in particular.

Sometimes, Brad Thor goes all-out on the Homeland-esque paranoia in his writing, but Maberry does it better simply because his subject matter is A) more timely, and B) livened up by tons more action than any other writer is capable of doing, I think. (Well, maybe James Rollins...)

It's just a shame that, even a year later, my library still hasn't ordered this one. They've really fallen behind on collecting the Ledger series, and I hope they rectify that error sooner rather than later.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment