Saturday, May 28, 2016

Review: 15th Affair

15th Affair 15th Affair by James Patterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The murder that kick-starts this book is just the first taste of the real shock - which comes in the form of an incident eerily reminiscent of the infamous Asiana Air crash a few years back at SFO, but even worse. Patterson's plane crash is brought about by terrorists, and not only that, it impacts onto a high school campus - which happens to be the same one that my cousins have all attended in real life, where the youngest of them still goes to school.

When my dad heard about this particular plot twist, you should have seen the look on his face.

So, for that personal reason alone, this book is going to stick in my mind much more than any other Women's Murder Club book in years - perhaps since The 8th Confession. Other than that, there's also the whole storyline about Joe Molinari's mysterious involvement with the bad guys - is he deep undercover, or has he turned, or what? I've noticed a lot of readers complaining about this, but not me. Joe's story kept things really interesting.

Hey, that cliffhanger, though...low-key, but still cruel in its own way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment