Thursday, May 19, 2016

Review: Bitterblue

Bitterblue Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was a bit reluctant to read this book given that I wasn't quite so impressed with Fire, so I ended up taking a very long time before I got around to it. Sadly, it was not worth the wait for me, because Bitterblue proved to be overlong and meandering and dull for most of its length. The central mystery takes far too long to come forth, and while there's a bit of good intrigue (especially with the cryptography element, which was unexpected and, as far as I've noticed, unique for this genre), the book kept making me lose interest.

Frankly, I think Cashore shouldn't have written each book with a different protagonist. Graceling was the only one in this series I really enjoyed, and after that the series just went downhill, pretty much.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment