Sunday, May 15, 2016

Review: A Dream of Ice

A Dream of Ice A Dream of Ice by Gillian Anderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can see where this book gets its frequent Preston and Child comparisons, being a nice little fun-sized piece of epic sci-fi. Still, I can't quite shake the feeling that this book's a little been-there-done-that-got-the-T-shirt-and-kooky-hat (to quote a reader's comment on one of my fanfics), like one of P&C's lesser (and less Pendergast-y) efforts. Still, though, for its faults, this second Earthend book knows how to deliver the high action as only Scully herself, Gillian Anderson, could experience it. (I know this book isn't actually The X-Files, but can you blame me for picturing the main character looking exactly like Scully? Or Bedelia Du Maurier?)

And with that cliffhanger straight out of Fringe...well, I can't stop the series now, can I?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment