Saturday, May 7, 2016

Review: The Mountain

The Mountain The Mountain by David Lynn Golemon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wish my library would get back to ordering the Event Group series, because of how perfectly awesome and perfectly ready for quarter-billion-dollar-budgeted movie adaptations they are. This prequel adventure, the origin story of the Event Group itself, is no exception. Set in the 1860s, an American crew (in the height of the Civil War, no less) travels to the Ottoman Empire to investigate the supposed landing site of Noah's Ark, Mount Ararat. Such an important Biblical artifact would be (not to mix my metaphors) the Holy Grail of what has since become the Event Group. And, of course, it's surrounded by all sorts of diabolical Indiana Jones booby traps, except Spielberg never got nearly so bloody as Golemon does in this book. Gorydamn Golemon.

And by now, there's already another adventure coming soon - again, curse my library for falling behind on this series and forcing me to slot this into my growing special-order queue instead.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment