Monday, July 18, 2016

Review: Across the Universe

Across the Universe Across the Universe by Beth Revis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm reading this one for the second time after giving up on it in March. The second read improved it, but not as much as I would have hoped. The first half of the book still suffers from a slow plot, seemingly full of dead ends, but then it becomes clear that there is more to this story and its weird sort-of murder mystery and the creepy-ass Season and creepy-ass Eldest. And Elder, who still creeps me out to an extent, mostly because I hear his name, I see what Eldest is, and I suspect that he really is an old soul, in love with a teenage girl...so wrong.

The second half of the story, at least, dials up the action and answers a lot of questions - though not all of them, because there are two more books to go. At least this time, I actually finished the book, right? :)

I'm hoping that I'll get a little more improvement out of Books 2 and 3, though. And at least I can see a lot more promise in Revis' upcoming A World Without You.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment