Thursday, July 28, 2016

Review: More Than This

More Than This More Than This by Patrick Ness
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the third Patrick Ness book I've read in a row thanks to Adam Silvera's glowing recommendation of the man's work. I loved The Knife of Never Letting Go and wasn't so jazzed with The Rest of Us Just Live Here, but this book is much closer to Knife in terms of style, so I ended my Ness mini-binge on a high note.

Now I know why Silvera's a fan - I bet this book, in particular, was a huge inspiration for More Happy Than Not. Like Silvera's debut, More Than This essentially gets five stars for feels alone, as well as for its twisting sci-fi/fantasy plot that never stops throwing up new details to throw the reader off, not even when it comes to an end.

The details of this book, however, must not be spoiled for any new readers. Seriously, this book has to be seen (and gone into blindly) to be believed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment