Saturday, July 16, 2016

Review: Zero Hour

Zero Hour Zero Hour by Pittacus Lore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Perfect timing - I got this one at the library almost at the same time that they acquired extra copies of United As One, so I was able to get myself properly prepared for the Lorien Legacies' Grand Finale.

The first story in this collection is told by Dani, one of the newly Garde-empowered humans featured in the brand-new final book, and details her initial flight from New York in the wake of the Mog attack. Then she meets John and Sam and gets to take part in the fight for real. Narration-wise, she's not unlike Six - a sassy, strong-willed young woman, but with even more of a sense of humor. (The part where she asks Sam whether or not he and John are a couple was especially funny, because she basically tweaked the noses of however many John/Sam shippers there may be. And I'm sure there exist some.)

Malcolm narrates the second story, which is the most important one before the final book because it introduces a few of the military-industrial complex-type characters with whom the Garde must coordinate their final assaults against the Mogs.

The third, unusually, is split into three parts, each with its own Mog narrator hunting the Garde - human and Loric alike. One of them dies, one of them is a budding traitor to the Beloved Leader like Adamus, and one is one of Setrakus Ra's top dogs, who proves to be quite the menace in the final book.

Thank God I special-ordered this one when I did - my library still doesn't have most of these Lost Files compilations, for whatever reason. And what better way to follow it up than by reading through United As One? My review for that one is coming up in just a few minutes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment