Friday, August 19, 2016

Review: Darkest Night

Darkest Night Darkest Night by Will Hill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I first got into Department 19 a few years back, only the first three books were available, and I read those in pretty quick succession. I remember going into Book 3 and wondering when the series was going to come to an end, because at the time I didn't really see an end in sight.

Now that I've finally gotten as far as Darkest Night, that question has been answered - in 700-plus pages of supernatural horror action, a sort of YA analogue to The Strain, but the entire series all at once. This book is some long, sprawling, truly apocalyptic stuff of legend, a perfect finale to this high-stakes fusion of The Strain and CHERUB. This book validates the series' very existence, its massive size justified in order to suitably wrap the whole thing up with enough material to fill at least three movies.

I actually want to reread the whole thing from the beginning all over again now.

To Department 19, I can now say ave atque vale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment