Saturday, August 6, 2016

Review: Into the Dim

Into the Dim Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I wanted to like this book, being that it was a YA Outlander with a harder sci-fi twist straight out of Tomorrowland. Sadly, while Into the Dim starts strong, after the long info-dump that explains (to an extent) how the Tesla-based time travel tech works (and I liked how the machine's able to prevent you from arriving at a moment right as you're leaving, to ensure no time paradoxes of any kind), it turns into a real slog to read, plagued with a confusing array of characters with shifting allegiances that become incredibly hard to keep track of.

I have the horrible feeling that, not unlike this book's primary inspiration, it'll soon turn into a series that's seriously bloated with time travel and nearly impossible to follow. I don't think I'll be continuing, I'm sorry to say.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment