Saturday, August 27, 2016

Review: Sleeping Giants

Sleeping Giants Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The comparisons to World War Z and The Martian aren't entirely off, as this book contains elements of the former's style (a rough literary equivalent to found footage, consisting entirely of journal entries, interviews, news reports, and the like) and the latter's Twenty Minutes Into The Future setting and even a bit of its sense of humor (from the book, that is - I didn't like how the movie cut down on the laughs, and yet somehow won a Best Musical or Comedy award at the Golden Globes, if I remember correctly.) It's kind of a hard sci-fi read, with a touch of fantasy mixed in, but it's a pretty addictive little treat all the same.

My only issues: one, the book is way shorter than it deserves, and two...THAT CLIFFHANGER.

I'll be dying to read Waking Gods next year, that's for sure.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment