Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Review: Academ's Fury

Academ's Fury Academ's Fury by Jim Butcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Continuing the Codex Alera series, Academ's Fury showcases even more of the rising tensions in Alera as certain Lords (and Ladies) conspire to overthrow the First Lord and plunge the land into civil war...and meanwhile, Tavi's studying, and proving that just because he's got no furycrafting powers doesn't make him any less of a man. In fact, because he has no furies to rely on, he's more in the eyes of some...and more dangerous for sure.

For a series supposedly based on two "dumb ideas," Butcher knows how to keep things seriously entertaining.

I'll be revisiting Cursor's Fury soon enough - sadly, it appears that my library lost all its copies at some point in the three or four years since I first read these books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment