Saturday, September 24, 2016

Review: Chorus

Chorus Chorus by Emma Trevayne
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This series...I dunno. It's got a cool twist on the dystopian genre as its premise, one that's actually had its own secret influence on my own writing with the concept of addictive music tracks. (Although my books, rather than try and emulate the idea of big business attempting to force musical drivel on the world for mind control - "Everything Is Awesome!"-style - simply make musical addiction a mental condition.) Unfortunately, I just can't get into these books like the premise demands, mostly because of the characters being virtually impossible to tell apart and the surprisingly paper-thin world-building.

I guess this series ends here, though? Oh well. I'm not planning on reading a third book anyway.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment