Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Review: Fire & Flood

Fire & Flood Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Titans, I've had to go back and start reading Victoria Scott's other work...and this was the first one I chose to go with. I was pleasantly surprised to discover the similarities between Fire & Flood and Titans - chiefly, the young protagonist engaging in a dangerous competition to help her family, as well as a Twenty Minutes Into The Future sci-fi kind of setting that feels like modern day America, except not quite. This book also has some shades of The Hunger Games, pitting a large number of teenagers against each other, and some of them forming alliances, while surviving dangerous landscapes. And, similarly to The Golden Compass, as well as Taran Matharu's Summoner series, we've got the Pandoras, which...well, based on Titans, I was expecting them to be vehicles for the Brimstone Bleed. Nope, they're animals. Usually. And of course Madox, that cute little fox, just had to be my favorite.

Needless to say, I need to read Book 2 ASAP. But first, I'll take a detour into another Scott work - The Collector.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment