Sunday, September 4, 2016

Review: Fool Moon

Fool Moon Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Beware. The werewolves are out to play.

Just like Storm Front, rereading Fool Moon helps remind me of the good old days when Jim Butcher didn't take forever to put out his next book, and when the books were a little more simple and straightforward and not loaded full to bursting with crazy Fae. (Though I didn't get into this series until after the Fae started really coming to the forefront, and then I had to spend a while catching up...but let's not go there.)

I think I liked this book a little less the second time around - the first time, I remember rating it five stars. It's not bad, but I guess it didn't age so well for me - although the deconstruction of the werewolf mythos, as presented by Bob, was pretty welcome.

Right now, I have three more Dresden books in my TBR pile, as well as the first two Codex Alera books to further add to my Butcher reread slow-binge. Stay tuned - new ratings, and maybe reviews, will come along soon enough.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment