Saturday, September 24, 2016

Review: Furies of Calderon

Furies of Calderon Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's been a while since I've read Codex Alera, so now that I'm also re-reading The Dresden Files, I figured it was high time I started re-reading Butcher's other big fantasy series as well. I forgot how exciting these books were, with all their elemental furycrafting fun and the pseudo-Roman politics at play. Everyone calls this the logical offspring of Avatar: The Last Airbender and A Song of Ice and Fire (even though the latter came out after this book and the former is in a medieval-inspired setting as opposed to ancient-Roman-inspired.) Everyone's not wrong.

Already I've got Academ's Fury waiting in the wings as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment