Friday, September 2, 2016

Review: The Mime Order

The Mime Order The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The sequel to The Bone Season takes Paige and all her squad back to London, deep in the heart of Scion territory, where instead of Bone Seasoning, we're getting geared up for another big sorcerous event of major importance - in this case, the aptly named "Scrimmage." The Scrimmage, I think, may have served as a pretty major inspiration for A Gathering of Shadows, actually. I'm a little bit disappointed that The Mime Order takes its sweet, sweet time getting to the Scrimmage - almost 400 pages, in fact! But when it begins, it BEGINS, and with some pretty stylish action too.

At last, I've completed my reread of Bone Season Books 1 and 2, in anticipation of The Song Rising, which I should now easily go into without having forgotten what happened before. I hope. There's still several months until Rising comes along...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment