Friday, September 30, 2016

Review: Nil on Fire

Nil on Fire Nil on Fire by Lynne Matson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wasn't quite as jazzed with this book as I was with its predecessors, but I can tell you that it's not because there's any less action to go around. Far from it. My real issue, however, lies in the interjection of chapters that are meant to be from "Nil's" POV, focusing both on a number of new arrivals on the island and the island itself, who proves to be quite the diabolical genius loci. (That's the proper plural of that expression, right?)

That said, however, there's a nice array of characters new and old to go around (though I only wished we could have had more of Charley's and/or Thad's POV - I missed that from the first book), and of course all the action Matson's proven herself more than capable of serving us.

Sorry to see this trilogy go, but...ave atque vale, Nil.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment