Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Fall 2016 TBR

Once again, Joey of Thoughts and Afterthoughts has given us an interesting "Top Ten Tuesday" post: his fall 2016 TBR top picks. Now I've just gotta share mine - including a few books that came out BEFORE this fall, but which I still haven't had a chance to read because my library's so slow to get any copies in...but oh well.

10. Rick Riordan - The Hammer of Thor

I don't think I'll ever leave the world Uncle Rick began with Percy Jackson.

Hope he's worthy.

9. Lynne Matson - Nil on Fire

I'm starting this one pretty soon, actually.

"So light 'em up up up..."

8. Leigh Bardugo - Crooked Kingdom

I liked Six of Crows because of how different (and Legend of Korra-esque) it was compared to the Grisha Trilogy. This book will be just as cool, I hope.

But I'm a bit bummed this is the end.
Unless there'll be a modern-day series too?

7. Tahereh Mafi - Furthermore

I can't resist a good Alice in Wonderland retelling.

Ransom Riggs isn't the only one to #StayPeculiar.

6. Danielle Paige - Stealing Snow

Or a good Danielle Paige book - and since this one retells The Snow Queen? Even better.

#SmashTheMirror

5. Sabaa Tahir - A Torch Against The Night

Got to read a bit of this at Costco a couple of weeks back. Looks really good so far...

Die, Commandant. DIE DIE DIE!

4. James Dashner - The Fever Code

Finally, the awesome Maze Runner prequel we all need to tide us over while we wait for the Death Cure movie...

Also, I hear Brenda's in this one.
AWESOME.

3. Zoraida Córdova - Labyrinth Lost

Brujas. 'Nuff said.

Everyone's raving about this.
I will not be disappointed.

2. Sarah J. Maas - Empire of Storms

I've waited too long for this one, man.

Best cover image of Aelin yet, BTW.

1. Cassandra Clare - Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy

And it's a sin that it's taken so long to put these stories in print.

I'm a shameless Simon fanboy, now and forever.

What do you guys think?

Till next time, Pinecones...

#FeedTheRightWolf
Remember - Denis Leary is always watching. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment