Friday, October 7, 2016

Review: Cursor's Fury

Cursor's Fury Cursor's Fury by Jim Butcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The third book in the Codex Alera, I didn't remember it as well as its two predecessors. It's a zip-fast read like Furies of Calderon and Academ's Fury both, but it also feels, undeniably, like a bit of filler. However, it does introduce a few pretty important new details - like the formation of the Knights Pisces, and also the final twist, the one that I'd expected pretty much from the beginning.

I can't believe I'm halfway through this again - I'll be finishing it off soon enough, now that I've got the second half all waiting in my TBR.

Although I'm a little bummed that I had to order this book, alone of all in this series, from another library - and the copy I got, I'm pretty sure the page that had the map of Alera in it (was it this book or Captain's Fury that first featured it?) was torn out. Oh well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment