Monday, October 24, 2016

Review: First Lord's Fury

First Lord's Fury First Lord's Fury by Jim Butcher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

And finally, Codex Alera reaches its grand finale, with Tavi now officially the First Lord of Alera...but he's got to take care of some serious business with those crowsbegotten Vord first. While I honestly think, after this reread, that Princeps' Fury was the series' climax, First Lord's Fury serves as a nice coda as well, especially for its continued exploration of some of the still-unseen lands of Carna and even a scene that made me think, what'll happen when Carna reaches a modern-style point in its history and all that oil seeping under the surface gets exploited?

I kinda hope that one day, Butcher comes back to this world and shows it reflecting a different time period, like maybe the medieval era, if not modern.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment