Thursday, October 6, 2016

Review: Separation of Power

Separation of Power (Mitch Rapp, #5)Separation of Power by Vince Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So I was considering giving up on this series after Book 4, but thank God I went in for Book 5. Separation of Power brings the series up to the standard Flynn would later achieve in the two prequel novels, with a storyline that doesn't feel too over the top or too bogged down in politics. This book manages to bridge the gap between high intrigue and high action, and if the publication date of October 2001 is real, I'm surprised this book wasn't postponed because of 9/11. I mean, Flynn did kinda predict the incursion into Iraq, but not quite for the same reasons...

...and I'm gonna give up trying to tie his books into reality now.

But for sure, I'm not done with this series yet. I'm going at least into Book 6 now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment