Sunday, November 13, 2016

Review: Executive Power

Executive Power Executive Power by Vince Flynn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This (chronologically) sixth Mitch Rapp thriller is a quick and easy read, but it doesn't really amount to much compared to the two prequel novels, or to its immediate predecessor, which are the series' high points so far for me. This one, on the other hand, has a bit of a "more of the same" vibe like one of the weaker Brad Thor or Lee Child books - and in the wake of our recent travesty of a presidential election, reading this book, though it was written last decade, feels more than a bit insensitive to the Arab community.

At least Flynn kept on trucking with his formula, because it sure as hell worked for him. I'm still reading the next book, but I'm a little scared that that might be the point where I really give up on the Mitch Rapp series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment