Saturday, January 7, 2017

Review: Gathering Darkness

Gathering Darkness Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So that's the third book of Falling Kingdoms done, and with no end in sight...

On the one hand, I'm happy to report that while I still have no idea why Magnus is so very much beloved by the fans, I'm more invested in his character now because he's started growing beyond my first impression - simply being "that prince who's in love with his adopted sister and it makes it impossible for me to ship them." As always, I'm also super into Cleo's and Lucia's stories, as well as those of Alexius and Nic and our visitors, Ashur and Amara, who really keep things interesting.

At the same time, however, my ongoing major issue of Jonas and his rebellion being perpetually underwritten and always shunted aside in favor of the royal court storylines and characters continues to harm the story, I'm sorry to say.

That said, however, I'm still very much invested in all the goings-on in Mytica, even if Rhodes has gone and sunk no less than two ships of mine by wielding her writerly Death Quill. So I'm not done with Falling Kingdoms by a long shot.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment