Monday, January 23, 2017

Review: Kill Switch

Kill Switch Kill Switch by Jonathan Maberry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Every horror writer has to dip their toe into the subzero chill of the Cthulhu Mythos pool sometime, and Jonathan Maberry's latest Joe Ledger novel is one of the finest Cthulhu-inspired stories I've seen yet. Loaded for bear with paranormal terror, Fringe-y trips into bizarre dreamworlds where only gods should dwell, apocalyptic thinkers hoping and praying to end the world on their terms, and Joe Ledger having to run all over the place and kick all the ass, it's classic Maberry in every sense of the word. Perhaps it's a little less harrowing than the psychological horror show of Predator One, but getting Lovecraftian is never not needed (shoot me for the double negative, I don't care), and even as the world falls into its own real-life horror show, this Joe Ledger book serves as a great 500-plus-page escape.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment