Saturday, February 4, 2017

Review: Battle of the Ampere

Battle of the Ampere Battle of the Ampere by Richard Paul Evans
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Though the Michael Vey books aren't outright bad, finishing the third book hasn't endeared me much to this series. By this point, I feel like Evans is piling up twists for the sake of twist-piling, not unlike James Patterson's chief fatal flaw with Maximum Ride, and the story not only brings next to nothing new to the table, it also doesn't seem to go anywhere. Well, it does, but it's a very strange little Peru Evans gives us, where, for no apparent reason, the indigenous tribes of the Amazonian jungle speak what seem to be bastardized Chinese. Trying to make sense of this really hurt the book for me, although the general high action throughout was a help.

I'll at least pick up the fourth book, although I'm not at all certain I'll be continuing past that point.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment