Monday, February 13, 2017

Review: City of Ashes

City of Ashes City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

And the series continues! Out of the original TMI trilogy, this one is my favorite, for several reasons. One, Max made his debut here - they should have introduced him in Book 1, he would have made a great deal of fun for everyone. And also, this one has the most memorable humor out of all of them. My favorite being this exchange: (warning: my quotes may not be exact)

Jace: I guess it's true what they say. There are no straight men in the trenches.
Simon: That's atheists, jackass.

Two things about this quote. First, It Makes Sense In Context. Second, Simon is correct. Jace is a jackass. But he's a funny jackass.

If you enjoyed City of Bones but haven't read City of Ashes yet (and you should considering the Shadowhunters series is adapting it now, with some changes), please find a copy of this one ASAP.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment