Sunday, February 12, 2017

Review: City of Bones

City of Bones City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*editing my old review from years and years ago so I can share this on my blog just 'cause)

I don't know why I like this book series so much...oh wait, yeah I do. Cassandra Clare knows what we want to read. She knows that we the people love paranormal stuff. She knows we need generous doses of questionable-quality humor.

In short - SHE EFFING DELIVERS.

When I was in high school, still an insecure teenager endlessly questioning his sexuality, I almost disregarded Clare's work entirely just because of this book's cover. "AAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!! The fanservice! The toned boy-flesh burns my EEEEEYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" But we all know it's what's on the inside that counts. Be warned - if you come to enjoy this book, there are, to date, eleven more (including short-story collections) in the same universe to read and attempt. Good luck.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment