Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Review: Good Behavior

Good Behavior Good Behavior by Blake Crouch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to my friend Speedy, I got into Good Behavior last fall and soon found myself addicted. I mean, it's based on Blake Crouch's work, so of course it's addictive. But now I get to see, at last, the source material - three novellas, each one following Letty Dobesh on another heist-y misadventure, some more suspenseful than others. The first of these formed the basis for the series pilot (mostly), while the second and third, aside from some small scenes, have yet to be adapted thanks to the series really doing its own thing. As Crouch states in the notes at the end of each book, there are quite a few changes as well - among them, Javier being based more on Arnold from the first novella than the character of the same name, which is a major improvement.

Though I don't quite enjoy these stories as much as Crouch's sci-fi work - Dark Matter and the Wayward Pines trilogy - they're pretty quick and digestible and recognizably Crouch's style, and the man himself really loves Letty's character, so there's always a hope that he can write more stories with her someday.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment