Friday, February 3, 2017

Review: Life in a Fishbowl

Life in a Fishbowl Life in a Fishbowl by Len Vlahos
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

The third Aimal Farooq rec in a row, the one I was actually looking forward to the most because of its promises of a highly offbeat nature...and I just couldn't finish it. The multiple POVs were too much to handle, and the story itself felt so detached from Jackie, ostensibly the protagonist struggling to understand why her father would sell his life on eBay (which I'm pretty sure isn't even legal, if I remember Unwind correctly), that I couldn't get into it at all. Even the POV of her father's brain tumor, "Glio," wasn't the darkly funny stuff I expected - it was just weird and depressing.

Sorry to say I'm DNFing this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment