Sunday, March 5, 2017

Review: Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos Agent of Chaos by Kami Garcia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first of the two X Files Origins books, this one focuses on teenage Fox Mulder, as written by Kami Garcia. I've been waiting for Garcia to really dazzle me again for a while, since I'm still waiting on continuations for the Dangerous Creatures and Legion series (there's no way those could end where they did!) But for another opportunity for Garcia to show how good she is at writing teenagers getting into paranormal creepery, this book delivers. It reminds me a lot of Super 8 because of its 1979 setting, but also of Teen Wolf - the MTV series in particular - because of the dynamic between Mulder and his friend Gimble. Together with Mulder's best friend (and girlfriend, or so he desires) Phoebe, it's a cool piece of supplementary material to the classic TV series, loaded with Easter eggs and proof positive that geeks are the real heroes, always.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment