Friday, March 3, 2017

Review: Hunt for Jade Dragon

Hunt for Jade Dragon Hunt for Jade Dragon by Richard Paul Evans
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This fourth Michael Vey book, which I know now to be the middle entry in a seven-part series, improves a bit on its predecessor by weaving a somewhat more complex - and yet, comprehensible - web of story. While I was a little unhappy about the previous three books consistently sprinkling in side sections of the story that I felt detracted from the overall experience, here, the side trips finally feel necessary, because some storylines from the previous books - like the Elgen kids, especially - are coming back into prominence, and it's becoming a little more clear how deeply involved in Michael's life Hatch really was.

Two to go and then I'll be caught up in time for the seventh and final novel - which, as I understand it, is still unnamed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment