Thursday, April 27, 2017

Review: The Ship Beyond Time

The Ship Beyond Time The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Is this really the end of Heilig's debut series? I hope not. Not with that relatively open ending, which, I think, is probably the only reason why this book isn't quite as five-star-worthy as Book 1. Well, that and the fact that while we do get chapters in Kashmir's POV - sweet! - there simply aren't enough of them. But at least the book's shipping tides shift in a favorable direction, making Nix and Kash the official couple like they should have been from the get-go - and raising the stakes because thanks to a certain prophecy, Kash is so totally in danger for being Nix's love interest. And also I really liked the places Heilig took us this time around - especially Ker-Ys, which I almost thought was a real place. (Though given that it's pretty much Mont St. Michel according to Heilig, it sounds cool enough.)

I wish I didn't have to say ave atque vale to this series already, but I guess Heilig's going to be moving on to some different literary seas now...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment