Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Review: Ghosts of War

Ghosts of War Ghosts of War by Brad Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Once again, I find myself a little behind on this series, and I've got two books to catch up on (though there'll be another one in between for texture.) In the meantime, there's this tenth Pike Logan book, which, as Taylor states in the acknowledgments, is a welcome diversion from his usual fare. Not only does he shift the focus from jihadist antagonists to Russian ones (Putin himself appears in all his sociopathic glory, to the point where I'm pretty sure this book, as well as all others by Taylor and even the man himself, is banned in Russia now), not only does he bring back one of my old faves (the Ziva-esque Shoshanna), but he further shifts the plot away from his usual Flynn/Thor-style material and more into Rollins/Berry territory with the focus on a lost cache of gold the Nazis stole from Jewish people during the Holocaust.

I'll take a break to get back to my usual YA reading as a sort of palate cleanser, but soon I'll be reading the next book in this series as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment