Monday, May 8, 2017

Review: Magic for Nothing

Magic for Nothing Magic for Nothing by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The first in a new, punnily-titled InCryptid two-parter (watch me forever chair-dancing to a certain famous Dire Straits song, featuring Sting, while reading Magic for Nothing now and Tricks for Free next year) gives us a new POV - Antimony, the third Price sib, finally getting to tell a story on her own the way Alex and Verity have done before her. And let me tell you, I freaking LOVE Annie's POV. She's stronger and sassier and taking of even fewer prisoners than Verity, and also far geekier, which is only for the better. Especially when one of her favorite things to geek out about is Marvel Comics, and especially-especially Spider-Man and Gwen Stacy and Spider-Gwen. Annie Price is a girl after my own heart...though I'm not surprised she gravitates instead towards a guy like Sam.

Read this latest Seanan McGuire masterpiece like your life depends on it, because it really, really does. Because magic, because circuses, because BLOODY ADORABLE AESLIN MICE, diminished though their presence in this book might be. And especially because Annie. If you don't love her, shame on you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment